- About MAND
- Advertising & Sponsorship
- MAND Advertising Policy
MAND Advertising Policy
MAND allows advertisements via the MAND website and E-Blasts.
- All job postings and event advertising must be submitted and paid for via the MAND website (eatrightma.org).
- All other forms of advertisements must be submitted to MAND’s Director of Operations (email@example.com) in MS Word format, no more than 300 words.
- One photo or logo may be included in the advertisement.
- If the ad is in graphic instead of text format, it must be no larger than 700 px wide and 200 px high.
- Graphic files must be JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, or PDF format.
- All advertising is subject to approval. MAND reserves the right to reject any advertising that does not meet the approval of the Director of Membership Communications/Director of Operations.
- All advertising via E-blast must submitted by the 1st of the month to be included in the 2nd Tuesday of the month update or 15th of the month to be included in the 4th Tuesday of the month update.
- All advertising on Website and E-Blast (2 E-blasts and 30 days on website) = $125; commonly advertised items include: job postings, events, education programs, nutrition products.
- If you would like to continue to advertise on more E-blasts, the cost is $25 per E-blast. (The maximum an advertisement can run is in 4 E-blasts).
- If you would like to continue to advertise on our website after the initial 30 days, the cost is $25 per month.
MAND reserves the right to evaluate all statements in advertisements and to refuse to accept any advertisement that does not conform to MAND policy or its philosophy.
MAND Committees, Area Associations and DPGs may post educational opportunities at no charge.
ADVERTISING APPROVAL POLICIES
MAND reserves the right to evaluate all statements in advertisements and to refuse to accept any advertisement that does not conform to MAND policy or its philosophy. This applies to new advertisers as well as those who have previously advertised with MAND.
- Statements of properties, performance, nutrient values, beneficial results, etc., of products should be such that they can be verified by adequate data available in the literature or submitted from a reputable laboratory.
- There shall be no statements that are misleading, exaggerated, open to misinterpretation, or contrary to accepted proven facts.
- Supporting documentation verifying claims must be submitted to MAND upon request before an advertisement will be accepted.
- Advertisements for special purpose foods must include a list of ingredients and the quantitative nutritional analysis of the product or offer to supply this information on request. If the advertiser elects to state the nutrition value in terms of RDAs or DRVs, as well as the quantitative nutrition analysis, current federal regulations governing nutrition labeling should be followed or this information should be offered on request.
- MAND does not accept advertising that includes names, professional affiliations, and/or photographs of professional and supporting personnel in management and supervisory positions except in the following instances:
- Individuals regularly employed by the advertiser and whose names, affiliations and/or photographs are used only in the ethical promotion of products of their respective employer.
- Individuals whose names, affiliations and/or photographs are used in connection with advertisements of books of which they are the authors.