Thanks for a great virtual ANCE!
Position Summary: The Nutritionist is responsible for providing a wide variety of nutrition assessment and education for agency clients, other consumers and members of our communities at large. This includes and is not limited to the providing of billable Medical Nutrition Therapy, assessment and education provided as part of contractual arrangements with payors, and community education events at housing sites, council on aging, other community-based organizations and, when necessary, in home. The Nutritionist will also perform activities in support of the agency’s home delivered meals program. The Nutritionist serves further serves as a resource providing ESMV staff training on nutrition issues and other selected projects.
Essential Functions: (Core duties or tasks that are fundamental and not marginal to job performance.)
• Receive referrals and provide nutritional counseling to clients on special diets and/or those determined to be at a high nutritional risk;
• Provide assessment, education, and associated feedback to clients of health care providers and systems with whom ESMV contracts;
• Prepare and present nutrition education programs at meal sites, councils on aging, housing sites and other community settings as needed;
• Perform all implementation and data collection activities related to Medical Nutrition Therapy and collaborate with Fiscal to ensure proper billing and collection;
• Accurate and timely completion of all reports and documentation;
• Assist in nutrition department QA surveys and systems;
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by CSO and Nutrition Director
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
3. Registered Dietician or LDN Licensed by Commonwealth of MA
4. Serve-Safe Certified (can be provided post hire)
5. Strong written and verbal communications
6. Experience in nutrition education and counseling
7. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
8. Must have private transportation.
ESMV Human Resources