Massachusetts Dietetic Education Foundation (MDEF) promotes optimal health and nutritional status of the public by supporting community outreach activities and quality dietetic practice, education and research. We are the philanthropic arm (501(c)(3)) of the Massachusetts Dietetic Association. Your contributions support Nutrition and Dietetic Scholarship Programs, and are tax-deductible.
Help support Massachusetts dietetic and nutrition scholarship programs by donating to the Massachusetts Dietetic Education Foundation. Contributions may be sent to:
- MDEF: c/o Susan Lewis, MS, RD, LDN
16 Lanewood Avenue
Framingham, MA 01701
Current MDEF Officers
President: Mary Rowan Harrity, MS, RD
Treasurer: Susan Lewis, MS, RD, LDN
Scholarships currently available:
- MDEF Scholarship(You must be a MA Student studying in a post baccalaureate setting, graduate or certificate programs;includes internships) for$500
To apply for a scholarship:
- Download and complete application
- Send application electronically to Rprendergast@post.harvard.edu
- Mail one copy of your transcript to Rena Prendergast, R.D., 42 Bigelow Street
Cambridge, MA, 02139-2302.
- Send two letters of reference (one letter must befrom a Registered Dietitian) electronically (in Word Documents) to Rprendergast@post.harvard.edu
- Awards will be announced in June of each year.